Girls Athletic Leadership School Las Vegas (GALS LV) is an all-girls middle school serving grades 6th through 8th form our location adjacent the UNLV campus in the heart of Las Vegas. We provide a safe environment for adolescent girls to receive a college preparatory education that is tailored to their needs. At GALS we empower girls to succeed academically, lead confidently, live boldly and thrive physically.
Attending GALS during COVID-19 conditions
GALS LV provides a safe, supportive and rigorous education during these very uncertain times. Our students, whether attending on-line or in-person, are thriving in our teacher led instruction and engaging classroom environment. In accordance with directives from the State Public Charter Authority, GALS, in partnership with the Boys and Girls Club, provides families with two options for school during COVID restrictions:
- Option 1: 100% Online: Students complete their schoolwork from home. The school day is from 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. and they will participate in six on-line classes, 5 days a week with their classmates. Frequent breaks and opportunities for movement will be given during the day.
- Option 2: In-person: Students attend school 5 days a week from 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. with their teachers and classmates. Movement breaks occur between classes. After school services are availalble through the Boys and Girls Club until 7 pm daily.
Families may move back and forth between these options with notification to the school.
Anyone entering the Club is required to wear masks and practice social distancing of 6 feet. Hourly and daily deep cleaning occur at the Club.
Thank you for adapting with us to these changing times and know that the safety and development of your children remain our absolute top priorities.
Why choose GALS LV?
- The all-girl environment provides a safe space for girls to express themselves, find their voice and reach their fullest academic potential. GALS students typically outperform academically their peers by one grade level.
- GALS takes a holistic and personal approach to developing your child’s education plan to ensure that each student is supported and challenged to grow.
- GALS students have opportunities to lead, collaborate and be a part of something greater than themselves, they and their families are part of a community and social movement to improve the lives of girls.
- GALS graduates are six times more likely to consider majoring in math, science and technology and three times more likely to consider engineering compared to girls who attend coed schools (from www.ncgs.org)
Learn more about GALS from our parent school in Denver by watching this video.
GALS Las Vegas is an open enrollment charter school and ALWAYS accepts applications.
Schedule a Tour
Interested in scheduling a school tour and meeting with our school leaders? Fill out the form below and we'll be back to you shortly.